Hillholm House is in the Forest Hill community and offers rent-geared-to-income housing for men and women. The closest intersection is at Avenue Road and Chaplain Crescent. The closest subway is at Davisville and Yonge.
This is a cooperative living style home which relies on the active participation of the residents for cooking, cleaning, house care, and social recreation. Staff are available onsite for up to 8 hours per day on weekdays and 4 hours per day on the weekends. An on-call service is available overnight.
There is plenty of common space, but most importantly each person has their own private bedroom.
Many of the people who have lived here are busy in the community going to school, working part-time, doing volunteer work, or checking out what entertainment possibilities the city has to offer.
Residents are accepted according to Ministry of Health and Long Term Care guidelines and the Hillholm House program criteria. A professional referral is required.
- be over 16 years of age
- have severe and persistent mental health issues with a formal diagnosis
- have goals such as school, programs, volunteering and/or working
- be willing to participate in a rehabilitation and recovery-focused program
- be able to thrive in a congregate living situation including a meal program
- require the degree of support offered by the program
- be able to safely live in the house when staff are not onsite
- be able to climb stairs (not wheelchair accessible)
Note: pets not allowed